Get the weekly summary of crypto market analysis, news, and forecasts! This Week’s Summary The crypto market ends the week at a total market capitalization of $1,48 trillion. Bitcoin increased by nearly 5% to reach around $40,000. Ethereum is up by almost 4% to cement its price above $2,100. XRP lost almost 1% in value this week. Almost all altcoins are trading in the green, with some exceptions. The DeFi sector increased the total value of protocols (TVL) to around…
As the world of cryptocurrency becomes increasingly popular, the need for secure wallets to store digital assets becomes more critical.
While many different types of wallets are available, hardware wallets are becoming increasingly popular due to their enhanced security features. This article will look at Archos, a hardware wallet producer that offers excellent security for your cryptocurrencies.
What is Archos?
Archos is a French company that produces Android-based tablets, portable media players, smartphones, and storage devices. A few years ago, they released their first hardware wallet, the Archos Wallet.
The Archos Wallet is a secure way to store your cryptographic keys offline. The product targets anyone wanting to get the first foot into the cryptocurrency world. The wallet supports Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Litecoin, Dash, Ether, Ether Classic, Groestlcoin, Monacoin, Fujicoin, and Bitcore.
In addition to its 6-digit Pin code, the wallet has a dedicated Encrypted Crypto Mem (Secured EEprom). This feature allows it to go deeper into security. The hardware buttons must validate all transactions. There is no way for hackers to modify transactions unnoticed.
The Archos screen displays your transactions entirely, which is vital for security. Thanks to your recovery seed, the wallet allows you to recover your coins if you lose or break your device.
The Security Features of the Archos Wallet
The Archos wallet has some security features to protect your cryptocurrencies. These include a 6-digit pin code, an encrypted crypto mem, and validation by the hardware buttons.
This makes it impossible for hackers to modify transactions unnoticed. The wallet also has a built-in screen to display transaction information. The feature makes it easy to check that everything is correct before confirming a transaction.
Finally, the wallet supports several cryptocurrencies, making it a versatile choice for investing in multiple coins.
How to Set Up Your Archos Wallet
When you need to set up your Archos wallet, follow these steps:
- Connect your Archos to the webapp.
- Enter the 6-digit pin code.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the cryptocurrencies you want to store on your Archos wallet.
- Click “Generate.”
- Print or write down the recovery seed.
- Store the Archos wallet in a secure place.
Which Coins Can You Store on an Archos Wallet?
The Archos wallet supports many cryptocurrencies, giving you flexibility regarding investment options.
Keeping Your Wallet Safe
To store your Archos wallet securely, keep it in a place where unauthorized individuals cannot access it.
Another way to secure your Archos wallet is to use a strong password to protect it. You can also encrypt your wallet for an extra layer of security. Moreover, make sure to backup your wallet regularly to prevent data loss.
Lastly, always keep your software up to date to ensure the highest level of security for your Archos wallet.
Recovering Coins After Losing Your Wallet
If you lose your Archos wallet, you can use the wallet’s recovery seed to recover the coins. First, connect your wallet to the Archos web app and follow the step-by-step guide. Then, enter their recovery seed into the app, and collect all your coins to move them to a new device.
Reacting to a Potential Hacker Attack
If you think somebody hacked your Archos wallet, the team explains you should:
- Disconnect the device from the internet. If you think someone attacked your wallet, it’s essential to disconnect the device from the internet as soon as possible. This will help keep your information safe and protect your device from further damage.
- Contact customer service immediately. If you believe there was some suspicious activity on your wallet, you should contact customer service immediately. They will be able to help you change your passwords and secure your account.
- Change your passwords. Once you’ve contacted customer service, you should change your passwords. This will help keep your account safe and prevent someone from accessing your information.
- Check for any suspicious activity on your account. Once you’ve changed your passwords, it’s a good idea to check for any suspicious activity on your account. This can help you identify whether someone hacked your wallet and will help you take steps to protect your information.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. If you think a hacker gained access to your wallet, run a virus scan on your computer. This can help you identify any malicious software that may be on your system and will help you remove it.
- Update your security software. Once you’ve run a virus scan, it’s essential to update your security software. This will help keep your computer safe from future attacks.
- Format your hard drive and reinstall your operating system (if necessary). In some cases, it may be necessary to format your hard drive and reinstall your operating system. This will remove any malicious software from your system and will help protect your information.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Using an Archos Wallet
The benefits of using an Archos wallet include:
- Security: The wallets have many security features, including a Trusted User Interface and a secure execution area.
- Compatibility: The wallets support a variety of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Litecoin, DASH, ZCash, Dogecoin, and more.
- Recovery: If you lose your wallet, you should use a recovery seed key to restore access to your funds.
These wallets also come with some drawbacks, such as:
- Limited Functionality: The wallets are currently only compatible with a limited number of cryptocurrencies.
- Reliance on Android: The security of the wallets is reliant on the safety of the Android operating system.
- Potential for Loss: There is always the potential for loss when using any cryptocurrency wallet.
There are many advantages to using Archos wallets, including security and interoperability with different digital currencies. If you lose a wallet, you may generate a recovery seed key to regain access to your money.
The restricted functionality and dependency on Android that come with these wallets is a downside that users must consider. In the end, you have access to a wide selection of services from the firm to help safeguard your data.
Visit the Archos website to learn more about their products and services.