Morgan Stanley says changing to Proof of Stake might not solve Ethereum's scaling problems. An equity strategist for Morgan Stanley claims Ethereum beacon-mainnet merge will cause demand for graphics processors to plummet in the coming months. The Ethereum platform has been undergoing a parade of testnets preparing for its merge with Beacon Chain. This merge is a move to facilitate the blockchain's transition from operating a Proof of Work model, to Proof of Stake. The PoW consensus model understandably…
The Bitcoin/ Crypto Fear and Greed Index today shows the most bearish crypto market sentiment since March 2020.
- The index started showing “extreme fear” across the market last week. Bitcoin collapsed below $30,000 for the first time since July, while the UST stablecoin fell apart.
- Today, the index reflects a single-digit score of only 8. That’s the lowest number since March 28th, 2020, when it collapsed to the same level due to covid lockdown fears.
- By contrast, March 28th, 2022 logged a score of 60 – the highest level of the year thus far.
- The index uses a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 meaning “extreme fear” and 100 meaning “extreme greed”.
- It consists of a combination of variables, including market volatility, momentum, volume, Bitcoin dominance, and social media engagement.
- As of this week, Bitcoin’s price also logged its 7th consecutive red week for the first time ever. The previous record of 6 red weeks occurred in late 2014.
- Will Clemente – Blockware’s Lead Insights Analyst – believes the cryptocurrency has reached a multi-generational bottom based on various indicators.
- If true, it would be good news for MicroStrategy. The company have to deposit more Bitcoin as collateral on its Silvergate loan if the price drops to $21,000.