CryptoCompare is very proud of how good its statistics are and how much ground it covers in the crypto world. The technology and API of the project want to make sure that its infrastructure is safe. The platform wants to give both individual and institutional investors access to information that will help them better manage their investment portfolios. CryptoCompare guarantees the accuracy of its data and follows the strictest rules. The initiative conducts frequent audits of crypto exchanges and is…
The Bitcoin/ Crypto Fear and Greed Index today shows the most bearish crypto market sentiment since March 2020.
- The index started showing “extreme fear” across the market last week. Bitcoin collapsed below $30,000 for the first time since July, while the UST stablecoin fell apart.
- Today, the index reflects a single-digit score of only 8. That’s the lowest number since March 28th, 2020, when it collapsed to the same level due to covid lockdown fears.
- By contrast, March 28th, 2022 logged a score of 60 – the highest level of the year thus far.
- The index uses a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 meaning “extreme fear” and 100 meaning “extreme greed”.
- It consists of a combination of variables, including market volatility, momentum, volume, Bitcoin dominance, and social media engagement.
- As of this week, Bitcoin’s price also logged its 7th consecutive red week for the first time ever. The previous record of 6 red weeks occurred in late 2014.
- Will Clemente – Blockware’s Lead Insights Analyst – believes the cryptocurrency has reached a multi-generational bottom based on various indicators.
- If true, it would be good news for MicroStrategy. The company have to deposit more Bitcoin as collateral on its Silvergate loan if the price drops to $21,000.