RINO - A multi-signature based enterprise wallet, free for first year of use. RINO is the only enterprise wallet for Monero that has multi-signature security. Designed for teams and organizations, RINO provides features such as spending limits and four-eye approvals. Monero is the number one privacy-focused cryptocurrency in the world. While Bitcoin and Ethereum reveal every transaction to the world, Monero’s unique cryptography provides the privacy that traditional pre-crypto finance takes for granted. Businesses do not, in general, want…
Tools to Enhance Your Privacy While Transacting Crypto
Privacy in cryptocurrency refers to the ability to keep your personal information and financial activities private. For example, you can make transactions without revealing your identity or personal information when you use cryptocurrency. This is because cryptocurrency transactions are recorded on a decentralized public ledger called the blockchain, allowing you to send and receive payments without intermediaries such as banks.
Why Privacy Is Important While Transacting Crypto
Privacy is important while transacting cryptocurrency for a few reasons:
- Financial privacy: Since cryptocurrency transactions are recorded on a public ledger called the blockchain, anyone can see the history of your transactions. If you value your financial privacy, you may not want this information to be publicly available.
- Security: If your personal information is attached to your cryptocurrency transactions, it can make it easier for hackers to target you. Maintaining your privacy can help protect you from cyber-attacks and other security threats.
- Personal freedom: Privacy allows you to have more control over your personal information and how it is used. It can allow you to use cryptocurrency without fear of being monitored or tracked.
Tools To Enhance Your Privacy While Transacting Crypto
Here are a few tools you can use to enhance your privacy while using cryptocurrency:
- Tor: Tor is free, open-source software that allows you to access the internet anonymously. It routes your internet traffic through a network of servers, making it difficult for anyone to track your online activity. In addition, you can use the Tor browser to access cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, and other websites to maintain your privacy.
- Virtual private network (VPN): A VPN encrypts your internet connection and routes it through a server in a location of your choice, making it difficult for anyone to track your online activity. You can use a VPN to access cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, and other websites to maintain your privacy.
- Privacy-focused cryptocurrency: Some cryptocurrencies, such as Monero and Zcash, are designed with privacy in mind. These cryptocurrencies use advanced cryptographic techniques to obscure the sender, recipient, and transaction amount.
- Cold storage: Cold storage refers to storing your cryptocurrency offline, such as on a hardware or paper wallet. This prevents anyone from accessing your cryptocurrency through the internet, making it more secure.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): 2FA is an extra layer of security that requires you to provide a second form of authentication, such as a code sent to your phone and your password. This makes it more difficult for anyone to access your accounts.
- Full disk encryption: Full disk encryption is a security feature that encrypts all the data on your computer’s hard drive. This makes it difficult for anyone to access your data without the encryption key, which can help protect your cryptocurrency if your computer is lost or stolen.
- Multi-sig wallets: A multi-sig wallet requires multiple signatures or approvals before a transaction can be completed. This can help prevent unauthorized access to your cryptocurrency, as multiple people would need to approve transactions.
- Incognito mode: Incognito mode, also known as private browsing, is a feature of most web browsers that prevents your browsing history and search history from being saved. This can be helpful if you want to access cryptocurrency exchanges or wallets without leaving a trace.
- Firewall: A firewall is a security system that controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. You can use a firewall to block incoming connections from unknown or suspicious sources, which can help protect your cryptocurrency from cyber attacks.
- Password manager: A password manager is a tool that generates and stores strong, unique passwords for you. This can help prevent your accounts from being hacked by using strong passwords that are difficult to guess.
No single tool can guarantee your privacy, so it’s a good idea to use a combination of tools to protect yourself. Additionally, be aware of potential security threats and protect yourself online. Maintaining your privacy while transacting cryptocurrency can help you protect your personal information, financial assets, and freedom.
Bitcoin Bull Run Is Underway for 100K in 2024 According to Crypto Execs
The prospect of Bitcoin reaching $100,000 by 2024 has been considerable discussion among cryptocurrency executives and analysts. Several factors underpin this anticipated bull run, including the potential approval of Bitcoin ETFs and the upcoming Bitcoin halving event in April 2024. Pascal Gauthier, CEO of Ledger, suggested that 2023 was a preparatory year for the cryptocurrency market, setting the stage for the anticipated bull run. He highlighted the likelihood of a spot ETF approval as a significant catalyst for this surge.…
Lugano Accepts Bitcoin and Tether for Taxes
In a notable development for cryptocurrency adoption, Lugano, a city in Switzerland, has introduced Bitcoin (BTC) and Tether (USDT) as acceptable forms of payment for various municipal services, including taxes. This move is a part of the city's broader initiative, known as "Plan B," aimed at integrating Bitcoin technology into the city's financial infrastructure. Making payments with these cryptocurrencies has been streamlined for simplicity and efficiency. Residents and businesses in Lugano can now settle any municipal invoice using BTC or…
Rowan Energy: Green Energy Meets Blockchain – An Exclusive Interview with CEO and Founder David Duckworth
In a world increasingly focused on sustainable solutions, Rowan Energy, led by founder David Duckworth, is making significant strides at the intersection of renewable energy and blockchain technology. We sat down with David to explore the motivations, technology, and aspirations shaping this innovative UK-based company. What inspired you to create Rowan Energy, and how does your vision for the company align with the current needs of the renewable energy sector? The whole business started at my kitchen table in 2018. …
Coinbase Rolls Out Money Transfers via Social Media
Coinbase, a leading cryptocurrency exchange in the U.S., has introduced a groundbreaking service allowing users to transfer money via popular social media and messaging platforms. This innovative feature is integrated into the Coinbase Wallet, streamlining the process of global money transfers. The key highlight of this service is its simplicity and convenience. Users can send money through any platform that supports link sharing, including widely-used messaging apps like WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok,…
How to track crypto – Best apps
Cryptocurrency has revolutionized the financial world, offering a unique blend of security, decentralization, and growth potential. As the crypto market expands, tracking your investments and staying informed becomes crucial. This article delves into the best apps for tracking cryptocurrencies, ensuring you stay on top of your digital assets. CoinGecko Features: Extensive Cryptocurrency Coverage: CoinGecko tracks real-time prices for over 10,000 cryptocurrencies, offering a broad market view. Comprehensive Data Access: Provides information on market capitalization, trading volume, and other essential data…
The Quest for Better On- and Off-Ramps in Web3
As we witness the impressive growth and evolution of the cryptocurrency market, we've come to an essential realization: our journey towards widespread Web3 adoption is still unfolding, with much ground yet to cover. The DeFi sector, once a niche component of the broader business world, has now taken a significant leap forward. The numbers speak volumes: over 15,000 decentralized applications (DApps), twice as many NFT collections, and more than 50 chains are now active, according to DappRadar. Yet, these impressive…
The Tokenomics behind Sonorus – Earning SNS by holding a DJ Node
Sonorus is a Web3 platform seeking to change the future of the digital music industry and reward artists and music lovers. It uses a decentralized music voting system, TrendFi, enabling fans to earn by supporting their favorite songs while helping musicians gain the rewards and recognition they deserve. The platform operates on the Binance Smart Chain, offering transparent, engagement-driven monetization. Like most blockchain-based ecosystems, Sonorus uses digital tokens to fuel operations and ensure its growing community has a common medium…
What Will Happen to Crypto in 2024?
Cryptocurrency has become a hot topic in recent years, with digital assets like Bitcoin and Ethereum gaining immense popularity. As we look towards the future, many wonder what lies ahead for crypto in the year 2024. In this article, we will explore the current state of cryptocurrency, predict its future trajectory, and examine the impact of technology and economics on this rapidly evolving sector. Understanding the Current State of Cryptocurrency The rise of cryptocurrency has been nothing short of remarkable.…
What are the Web3 wallets?
In today's digital age, the concept of Web3 wallets has gained significant attention. But what exactly are these wallets, and why are they important in the digital world? Understanding the Concept of Web3 Wallets Definition and Function of Web3 Wallets Web3 wallets, also known as decentralized wallets or blockchain wallets, are digital wallets that allow users to store, manage, and interact with cryptocurrencies and other digital assets. Unlike traditional wallets, which are physical objects used to store cash and cards,…