RINO - A multi-signature based enterprise wallet, free for first year of use. RINO is the only enterprise wallet for Monero that has multi-signature security. Designed for teams and organizations, RINO provides features such as spending limits and four-eye approvals. Monero is the number one privacy-focused cryptocurrency in the world. While Bitcoin and Ethereum reveal every transaction to the world, Monero’s unique cryptography provides the privacy that traditional pre-crypto finance takes for granted. Businesses do not, in general, want…
What are Crypto Ring Signatures and How Do They Work?
Crypto ring signatures are digital signatures that can provide anonymity in a transaction. They work by allowing a group of users to sign a message such that a third party can’t determine which user in the group signed the message.
A practical example of this would be a group of people who want to make a joint donation to a charity but want to keep the secret of which of them donated. Using a crypto ring signature, each group member could sign the transaction. It would not be possible for the charity or anyone else to determine which person in the group donated.
In more technical terms, Crypto ring signatures are digital signatures based on the mathematics of the discrete logarithm problem. They allow a group of users, each with their public key, to jointly sign a message so that it is computationally infeasible for a third party to determine which of the users’ private keys was used to create the signature.
Ring Signatures allow a user to sign a message on behalf of a group without revealing which group member signed the message. This is useful for scenarios where a group wants to prove that at least one member approved a message of the group without revealing which member approved the message.
Crypto Ring Signatures Benefits
The main benefit of crypto ring signatures is that they provide anonymity in a transaction. Because a third party can’t determine which user in the group signed the message, it can be used to protect users’ privacy.
Other benefits include:
- Increased security: Because a ring signature is based on the discrete logarithm problem, it is computationally infeasible for a third party to forge or tamper with a signature.
- Scalability: Crypto ring signatures can be used to sign a message on behalf of a large group of users, making it useful for large-scale applications.
- Reduced trust: Unlike traditional digital signatures, which require a trusted third party to verify the authenticity of a signature, ring signatures only require that a user trusts the group members.
- Flexibility: Ring signatures can be used in various applications, such as anonymous transactions, voting systems, and digital rights management.
- Anonymity-preserving: Ring Signatures are used mainly to preserve anonymity. It’s not only limited to transactions but can also be used in other applications where the signer’s anonymity is desired.
Crypto Ring Signatures Downsides
There are a few downsides to using crypto ring signatures:
- Complexity: The mathematical concepts behind crypto ring signatures can be complex and difficult to understand, which may make it harder for some users to implement and use.
- Size: A ring signature can be larger than a traditional digital signature, which may be an issue in some applications where bandwidth or storage space is limited.
- Traceability: Even though Ring Signatures are designed to provide anonymity, it is still possible to trace the transactions if the ring is small enough and the user’s real identity is known.
- Limited scalability: Some crypto ring signature schemes need more scalability and may need help to handle a large number of users in a group.
- Vulnerability to Sybil attack: A Sybil attack is where an attacker creates multiple fake identities to gain control over a network. In the case of crypto ring signatures, if an attacker controls more than a certain percentage of the group, they can link a signature to a specific user.
- Not fully untraceable: Ring Signatures, while providing anonymity, are untraceable. However, it is still possible to trace the transaction’s origin in certain cases.
While crypto ring signatures offer a high level of security and privacy, they can be complex to understand and have scalability and traceability limitations. Therefore, they are not a silver bullet solution, and their use case should be carefully considered.
Bitcoin Bull Run Is Underway for 100K in 2024 According to Crypto Execs
The prospect of Bitcoin reaching $100,000 by 2024 has been considerable discussion among cryptocurrency executives and analysts. Several factors underpin this anticipated bull run, including the potential approval of Bitcoin ETFs and the upcoming Bitcoin halving event in April 2024. Pascal Gauthier, CEO of Ledger, suggested that 2023 was a preparatory year for the cryptocurrency market, setting the stage for the anticipated bull run. He highlighted the likelihood of a spot ETF approval as a significant catalyst for this surge.…
Lugano Accepts Bitcoin and Tether for Taxes
In a notable development for cryptocurrency adoption, Lugano, a city in Switzerland, has introduced Bitcoin (BTC) and Tether (USDT) as acceptable forms of payment for various municipal services, including taxes. This move is a part of the city's broader initiative, known as "Plan B," aimed at integrating Bitcoin technology into the city's financial infrastructure. Making payments with these cryptocurrencies has been streamlined for simplicity and efficiency. Residents and businesses in Lugano can now settle any municipal invoice using BTC or…
Rowan Energy: Green Energy Meets Blockchain – An Exclusive Interview with CEO and Founder David Duckworth
In a world increasingly focused on sustainable solutions, Rowan Energy, led by founder David Duckworth, is making significant strides at the intersection of renewable energy and blockchain technology. We sat down with David to explore the motivations, technology, and aspirations shaping this innovative UK-based company. What inspired you to create Rowan Energy, and how does your vision for the company align with the current needs of the renewable energy sector? The whole business started at my kitchen table in 2018. …
Coinbase Rolls Out Money Transfers via Social Media
Coinbase, a leading cryptocurrency exchange in the U.S., has introduced a groundbreaking service allowing users to transfer money via popular social media and messaging platforms. This innovative feature is integrated into the Coinbase Wallet, streamlining the process of global money transfers. The key highlight of this service is its simplicity and convenience. Users can send money through any platform that supports link sharing, including widely-used messaging apps like WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok,…
How to track crypto – Best apps
Cryptocurrency has revolutionized the financial world, offering a unique blend of security, decentralization, and growth potential. As the crypto market expands, tracking your investments and staying informed becomes crucial. This article delves into the best apps for tracking cryptocurrencies, ensuring you stay on top of your digital assets. CoinGecko Features: Extensive Cryptocurrency Coverage: CoinGecko tracks real-time prices for over 10,000 cryptocurrencies, offering a broad market view. Comprehensive Data Access: Provides information on market capitalization, trading volume, and other essential data…
The Quest for Better On- and Off-Ramps in Web3
As we witness the impressive growth and evolution of the cryptocurrency market, we've come to an essential realization: our journey towards widespread Web3 adoption is still unfolding, with much ground yet to cover. The DeFi sector, once a niche component of the broader business world, has now taken a significant leap forward. The numbers speak volumes: over 15,000 decentralized applications (DApps), twice as many NFT collections, and more than 50 chains are now active, according to DappRadar. Yet, these impressive…
The Tokenomics behind Sonorus – Earning SNS by holding a DJ Node
Sonorus is a Web3 platform seeking to change the future of the digital music industry and reward artists and music lovers. It uses a decentralized music voting system, TrendFi, enabling fans to earn by supporting their favorite songs while helping musicians gain the rewards and recognition they deserve. The platform operates on the Binance Smart Chain, offering transparent, engagement-driven monetization. Like most blockchain-based ecosystems, Sonorus uses digital tokens to fuel operations and ensure its growing community has a common medium…
What Will Happen to Crypto in 2024?
Cryptocurrency has become a hot topic in recent years, with digital assets like Bitcoin and Ethereum gaining immense popularity. As we look towards the future, many wonder what lies ahead for crypto in the year 2024. In this article, we will explore the current state of cryptocurrency, predict its future trajectory, and examine the impact of technology and economics on this rapidly evolving sector. Understanding the Current State of Cryptocurrency The rise of cryptocurrency has been nothing short of remarkable.…
What are the Web3 wallets?
In today's digital age, the concept of Web3 wallets has gained significant attention. But what exactly are these wallets, and why are they important in the digital world? Understanding the Concept of Web3 Wallets Definition and Function of Web3 Wallets Web3 wallets, also known as decentralized wallets or blockchain wallets, are digital wallets that allow users to store, manage, and interact with cryptocurrencies and other digital assets. Unlike traditional wallets, which are physical objects used to store cash and cards,…