RINO - A multi-signature based enterprise wallet, free for first year of use. RINO is the only enterprise wallet for Monero that has multi-signature security. Designed for teams and organizations, RINO provides features such as spending limits and four-eye approvals. Monero is the number one privacy-focused cryptocurrency in the world. While Bitcoin and Ethereum reveal every transaction to the world, Monero’s unique cryptography provides the privacy that traditional pre-crypto finance takes for granted. Businesses do not, in general, want…
What Are DeFi Exchanges?
Decentralized finance (DeFi) exchanges are digital platforms that allow users to trade cryptocurrencies and other digital assets in a decentralized manner without the need for a central authority or intermediary. These exchanges are built on blockchain technology, which enables them to operate on a peer-to-peer basis. This means that transactions are directly between users without a bank or financial institution acting as a middleman.
DeFi exchanges typically offer a wide range of trading pairs, including popular cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, BNB Chain, Solana, Polygon, USDC, USDT, and newer, more niche assets. They also often offer advanced trading features, such as margin trading and stop-loss orders.
Users can access DeFi exchanges through a web-based interface or a mobile app and fund their accounts by depositing cryptocurrency from a personal wallet. They can then place orders to buy or sell assets at a specific price, and these orders are matched with other users’ orders on the exchange’s order book.
One of the key advantages of DeFi exchanges is their decentralized nature, which makes them less vulnerable to hacking and other security threats. Additionally, since these exchanges operate on a peer-to-peer basis, they are generally more resistant to censorship and other government intervention.
The regulatory environment for decentralized exchanges is still evolving, and some risks may be associated with using them. Additionally, while decentralized exchanges may be less vulnerable to hacking, they are not immune to it, and users should still take appropriate precautions to secure their assets.
Popular DeFi Exchanges
Some popular decentralized exchanges (DEXs) in the DeFi space include:
- Uniswap: One of the most popular DEXs, Uniswap is a decentralized exchange built on the Ethereum blockchain that allows users to trade various ERC-20 tokens. It uses a unique liquidity pool mechanism that allows users to provide liquidity and earn trading fees.
- SushiSwap: A fork of Uniswap, SushiSwap is another popular DEX that allows users to trade a wide variety of tokens on the Ethereum blockchain. It also uses a liquidity pool mechanism and allows users to earn rewards for providing liquidity.
- PancakeSwap is one of the most popular DEXs on the BNB Chain. It is similar to Uniswap and SushiSwap and allows users to trade a wide variety of BEP-20 tokens on the BNB Chain.
- Curve: A DEX that focuses on stablecoins and aims to provide low-slippage trading. It is built on the Ethereum blockchain and allows trading pairs between different stablecoins.
- Serum is a decentralized exchange built on the Solana blockchain. It is designed to provide fast and low-cost trading for various cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Pangolin is a decentralized exchange built on the Avalanche blockchain that allows users to trade various assets, including cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
- Balancer: A DEX that allows users to trade a wide variety of tokens on the Ethereum blockchain and also allows users to create their pools of assets and earn trading fees.
- Aave: A decentralized lending platform built on the Ethereum blockchain that allows users to borrow and lend a wide variety of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- QuickSwap is a decentralized exchange built on the Polygon blockchain that allows users to trade various ERC-20 tokens. It is designed to provide fast and low-cost trading for users.
- Compound: Another decentralized lending platform built on the Ethereum blockchain that allows users to earn interest on their crypto assets by lending them out to borrowers.
- Bancor: A DEX that allows users to trade a wide variety of ERC-20 tokens and also allows users to provide liquidity and earn trading fees.
Bitcoin Bull Run Is Underway for 100K in 2024 According to Crypto Execs
The prospect of Bitcoin reaching $100,000 by 2024 has been considerable discussion among cryptocurrency executives and analysts. Several factors underpin this anticipated bull run, including the potential approval of Bitcoin ETFs and the upcoming Bitcoin halving event in April 2024. Pascal Gauthier, CEO of Ledger, suggested that 2023 was a preparatory year for the cryptocurrency market, setting the stage for the anticipated bull run. He highlighted the likelihood of a spot ETF approval as a significant catalyst for this surge.…
Lugano Accepts Bitcoin and Tether for Taxes
In a notable development for cryptocurrency adoption, Lugano, a city in Switzerland, has introduced Bitcoin (BTC) and Tether (USDT) as acceptable forms of payment for various municipal services, including taxes. This move is a part of the city's broader initiative, known as "Plan B," aimed at integrating Bitcoin technology into the city's financial infrastructure. Making payments with these cryptocurrencies has been streamlined for simplicity and efficiency. Residents and businesses in Lugano can now settle any municipal invoice using BTC or…
Rowan Energy: Green Energy Meets Blockchain – An Exclusive Interview with CEO and Founder David Duckworth
In a world increasingly focused on sustainable solutions, Rowan Energy, led by founder David Duckworth, is making significant strides at the intersection of renewable energy and blockchain technology. We sat down with David to explore the motivations, technology, and aspirations shaping this innovative UK-based company. What inspired you to create Rowan Energy, and how does your vision for the company align with the current needs of the renewable energy sector? The whole business started at my kitchen table in 2018. …
Coinbase Rolls Out Money Transfers via Social Media
Coinbase, a leading cryptocurrency exchange in the U.S., has introduced a groundbreaking service allowing users to transfer money via popular social media and messaging platforms. This innovative feature is integrated into the Coinbase Wallet, streamlining the process of global money transfers. The key highlight of this service is its simplicity and convenience. Users can send money through any platform that supports link sharing, including widely-used messaging apps like WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok,…
How to track crypto – Best apps
Cryptocurrency has revolutionized the financial world, offering a unique blend of security, decentralization, and growth potential. As the crypto market expands, tracking your investments and staying informed becomes crucial. This article delves into the best apps for tracking cryptocurrencies, ensuring you stay on top of your digital assets. CoinGecko Features: Extensive Cryptocurrency Coverage: CoinGecko tracks real-time prices for over 10,000 cryptocurrencies, offering a broad market view. Comprehensive Data Access: Provides information on market capitalization, trading volume, and other essential data…
The Quest for Better On- and Off-Ramps in Web3
As we witness the impressive growth and evolution of the cryptocurrency market, we've come to an essential realization: our journey towards widespread Web3 adoption is still unfolding, with much ground yet to cover. The DeFi sector, once a niche component of the broader business world, has now taken a significant leap forward. The numbers speak volumes: over 15,000 decentralized applications (DApps), twice as many NFT collections, and more than 50 chains are now active, according to DappRadar. Yet, these impressive…
The Tokenomics behind Sonorus – Earning SNS by holding a DJ Node
Sonorus is a Web3 platform seeking to change the future of the digital music industry and reward artists and music lovers. It uses a decentralized music voting system, TrendFi, enabling fans to earn by supporting their favorite songs while helping musicians gain the rewards and recognition they deserve. The platform operates on the Binance Smart Chain, offering transparent, engagement-driven monetization. Like most blockchain-based ecosystems, Sonorus uses digital tokens to fuel operations and ensure its growing community has a common medium…
What Will Happen to Crypto in 2024?
Cryptocurrency has become a hot topic in recent years, with digital assets like Bitcoin and Ethereum gaining immense popularity. As we look towards the future, many wonder what lies ahead for crypto in the year 2024. In this article, we will explore the current state of cryptocurrency, predict its future trajectory, and examine the impact of technology and economics on this rapidly evolving sector. Understanding the Current State of Cryptocurrency The rise of cryptocurrency has been nothing short of remarkable.…
What are the Web3 wallets?
In today's digital age, the concept of Web3 wallets has gained significant attention. But what exactly are these wallets, and why are they important in the digital world? Understanding the Concept of Web3 Wallets Definition and Function of Web3 Wallets Web3 wallets, also known as decentralized wallets or blockchain wallets, are digital wallets that allow users to store, manage, and interact with cryptocurrencies and other digital assets. Unlike traditional wallets, which are physical objects used to store cash and cards,…