Envisioned with their desires in mind, Evertwine stands tall on four mighty pillars: integrated tokenomics, NFTs, staking and yield farming, backed by cutting-edge protocols. Together, these elements forge a path towards a smoother and more refined user journey, accommodating players of all expertise levels, and embracing both newcomers and seasoned veterans of card game mechanics and blockchain game trading. At Exordium, inclusivity is their guiding principle. They strive to create a fair and vibrant ecosystem where every individual can forge…
Get the weekly summary of crypto market analysis, news, and forecasts!
This Week’s Summary
- The crypto market ends the week at a total market capitalization of $1,125 trillion.
- Bitcoin is down by nearly 7% after an uneventful week.
- Ethereum decreased by over 5% over the past seven days.
- XRP lost almost 7% in value this week.
- Almost all altcoins are trading in the red, with virtually no exceptions.
- The DeFi sector dropped the total value of protocols (TVL) to around $47 billion.
Crypto Trends 08 – 14 May 2023: Market Analysis and Performance
The crypto market’s fortunes took a turn for the worse this week. Most assets lost significant gains, with some registering two-digit value drops. Even the market capitalization decreased in value by roughly $70 billion but remained above the $1.1 trillion mark.
Bitcoin dropped through several support layers after losing over 7% of its value. The king of cryptocurrencies decreased to as low as $25,800 this week. However, it recovered slightly on the weekend to spare the blushes of traders. Currency, BTC is trading at around $26,800 and seeking to recover as soon as the following week starts.
Ethereum is down by almost 6% after a disappointing week. The second crypto in command sees its dreams of reaching $2,000 disappear after its recent drop. At the time of writing, ETH was trading at around $1,800.
Altcoins & DeFi
Most altcoins are trading in the red. However, their losses add to more than just a few pennies this week. For example, XRP is down by 7%, retaking its value below the much-coveted $0.5 level. Meanwhile, BNB dropped by 3%, Cardano by 4%, Dogecoin by 7%, Solana by 5%, and Polygon by over 12%.
We can count this week’s winners on the fingers of only one hand. UNUS is up by 2% and Cosmos by nearly 1%.
The Metaverse sector shares the same sentiment as the rest of the crypto market. For instance, Theta Network is down by 6%, while Axie Infinity plunges by 9%, like The Sandbox. Meanwhile, Decentraland dropped by 12%, ApeCoin by 9%, and IPC by a whopping 11%.
Crypto Market Analysis – What’s in the News?
- The Montenegrin authorities have set a $440,000 bail for the Terraform Labs founder, Do Kwon.
- Tether announced it has generated over $1.5B in profits in the Q1 of 2023.
- After surging by over 300% last week, the new memecoin on the block, PEPE, dropped by nearly 40% this week.
Next Week’s Crypto Market Forecast
The crypto market is taking a break from its spectacular cavalcade this year. Several industry experts forecasted this contraction as a natural trajectory for a resurging financial market. While these ups and downs may be regular, we can only hope a new and exciting up is just around the corner.